Frances Silversmith writes computer software for a living and science fiction and fantasy stories for fun. She lives in a small town in Germany with her husband, seven
guinea pigs, and two Icelandic horses.
Frances, her husband and their nine four-legged family members live in a little village about forty minutes' drive from Cologne, Germany.
Here are some random facts about Frances:
- She works as a software engineer, writing code in a programming language called "Smalltalk". That language is almost as old as she is, and was the first-ever object-oriented programming
- Her Icelandic horse Tandri has two more gaits (Tölt and Pace) than the average horse (which can walk, trot, and canter/gallop).
- Tandri loves to do circus tricks, which has taught both the horse and Frances a lot about the art of communication without resorting to such pedestrian means as a spoken language.
- Frances listens to Heavy Metal music. Did you know it's possible to sing Metal songs a capella and still have them sound like Metal?
If you don't believe me, here's a link.
- Frances' favorite authors are: Mercedes Lackey, Anne Bishop, Lois McMaster Bujold, Sharon Lee/Steve Miller, Patricia Briggs, Jim Butcher.